A CHINESE student has launched an appeal after claiming she was racially bullied on a train on the Costa del Sol.
In a Facebook post, Dantong Zhang, who refers to herself as Iris, describes the shocking moment she was bullied by a group of teenagers.
Zhang, from Jiaxing, China, described in detail how the group made fun of the Asian accent, hit her repeatedly on the head and threw cigarettes at her.
Hello everyone, my name is Iris, an overseas student who currently study in Málaga. Today(29/04/2018) I was taking the…
One or more of the group could be British after boasting of attending ‘private English school’ with a very strong British accent.
“Hello everyone, my name is Iris, an overseas student who currently study in Málaga, (SIC),” read the post, which has been shared more than 1,000 times.
“Today(29/04/2018) I was taking the first train from Fuengirola to Málaga at 06:10, there were someone (a group of Spanish students) keeping hitting me on my head from the back seat, made fun of me, insulted me and at the same time making a video. And one of them even smoked in the train and throw cigarette to me.
“They had already on the train when I got on from Fuengirola, and after I sat down I just fell asleep. They were making a scene at the train like singing loudly, smoking, imitating the way Asian talk in a insulting way and stuff. I had no contact with any student sitting around me(there are around 15 of them), not even an eye-contact. But out of a sudden, someone hit me on my head, at first I thought it’s intentionally, but the second time I noticed the boy sitting opposite to me was taking a video, so I told them to stop. But they didn’t. They did it at least four times.
“I have already called the police, but I still need your help. If you were also at this train and saw what happened or if u know the one who bulled me, it will be highly appreciated if you can contact me.
“They are Spanish kids aged around 15, one of them said they are studying at a ” private English school” and his English has a British accent. I took a photo(below)of the boy who hit me, and he hopped off the train at 06:26, Arroyo de la Miel.
“This kind of behavior is unacceptable, and also racist. That’s why I decided to stand out and fight back. Just like what I did at the train.
“At last, I want to express my gratefulness towards everyone who has helped me today, especially a girl from Malaga. And also to the girl who stood out for me and then sat next to me to protect me. Thanks for your help.”
CORRECTION: A previous version of this article stated the bullied victim was a boy
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26