A BRITISH radio host has blamed Hector Bellerin’s recent poor form on his vegan diet.
TalkSPORT presenter Alan Brazil blasted the Spain full-back’s eating choices after Arsenal crashed out of the Europa League semi-finals to Atletico Madrid.
Bellerin, 23, became a vegan at the start of the season but claims he has more energy on and off the pitch since the switch.
But Brazil said he needs to get a steak inside him.
“Get a steak down you, pal! Bellerin, that steak down you raw! That’ll help.
“He was a good player but he’s gone. I don’t know what’s happened to him.
“Look at [Diego] Costa – do you think he has a Caesar salad every Sunday lunch?
“Vegans don’t say ‘Hi, how’re you doing?’ they say, ‘Hi, I’m a vegan’. They get it in first.”
Bellerin claims he no longer has to strap up his ankles to play since going vegan.
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27