A BRITISH radio host has blamed Hector Bellerin’s recent poor form on his vegan diet.
TalkSPORT presenter Alan Brazil blasted the Spain full-back’s eating choices after Arsenal crashed out of the Europa League semi-finals to Atletico Madrid.
Bellerin, 23, became a vegan at the start of the season but claims he has more energy on and off the pitch since the switch.
But Brazil said he needs to get a steak inside him.
“Get a steak down you, pal! Bellerin, that steak down you raw! That’ll help.
“He was a good player but he’s gone. I don’t know what’s happened to him.
“Look at [Diego] Costa – do you think he has a Caesar salad every Sunday lunch?
“Vegans don’t say ‘Hi, how’re you doing?’ they say, ‘Hi, I’m a vegan’. They get it in first.”
Bellerin claims he no longer has to strap up his ankles to play since going vegan.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27