MARIANO Rajoy’s press secretary has been caught saying how she would like to tell protesting pensioners ‘f**k you’.
Carmen Martinez Castro is facing calls to resign after her lewd comments were picked up by a microphone.
She told a party aide: “How I would like to show them the finger and say f*** you.”
Prime minister Rajoy had been attending a meeting in Alicante on Saturday at which pensioners were protesting.
Pensioners have staged a series of large demonstrations across Spain in recent weeks demanding a rise in state payments.
José Luís Ábalos, a Socialist MP, said her comments ‘showed a lack of respect to pensioners’.
Castro said she had been joking.
“The best I can do is not explain because that makes no sense but to apologise,” she said during a radio interview.
Castro has been Rajoy’s communications and PR guru since 2011.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18