Emerging from the shadows of ever-popular Marbella, a remarkable transformation has taken place under the leadership of Mayor José García Urbano.
From a sleepy, Andalucian seaside town, Estepona has been revitalised and is seeing a surge of inward investment.
Constituting part of the Golden Triangle, an area encompassing Marbella, Benahavís and Estepona, the town has, however, lost none of the authentic appeal for which it is known.
One of the mayor’s grand initiatives, The Garden of the Costa del Sol, serves to enhance its charm with roadside flowers and shrubs in bloom all year round, the walls of the historic town festooned with painted polka-dot pots, large-scale murals and porcelain plaques of poetry.
Estepona is now also gaining a following among the wellheeled, who seek out the best, and it is now registering on the gastro-maps of foodies who once remained firmly within the borders of the Marbella municipality.
The Kempinski Hotel’s recently revamped restaurants and inspiring tapas bars that are appearing in the town centre, as well as the much-anticipated gastro-market, have set the town firmly in the sights of gourmands with a desire to try something new.
Building for the future Beneath the cosmetic and culinary improvements, however, lies a serious desire to improve the local infrastructure, attested to by the soon-to-be-completed district hospital.
Due to open in December 2018, this €15 million project affirms the commitment of the town hall and the Junta de Andalucía to the improvement of the area.
Such modernisation, coupled with a town-planning department that is quick and receptive to the needs of property developers, has proved attractive to investors capitalising on a healthy real estate market.
Marbella is as popular as ever, yet a select offering of luxury developments is raising Estepona’s profile among a wealthier clientele.
Also worthy of mention is the recently completed luxurious apartments of Les Rivages and Doncella Beach located close to Playa del Cristo to the west of Estepona.
Also located in the west end is the The Island, a project of unique townhouses with the qualities of the most luxurious of single homes –situated on a privileged vantage point just metres from the beachfront.
Owners are swathed in a luxury lifestyle from the minute they enter the lavishly landscaped environment, relaxing in the on-site spa or within their spacious homes constructed to the highest of standards with top quality materials.
Recently launched, Darya, a project from the same developer, offers luxury living in a landmark building within an unrivalled seafront setting situated in the heart of the town centre.
Several top class developments are breaking boundaries in the Estepona area, using the best and brightest architects and designers in their arena, and we are delighted to see that their efforts are being rewarded, with a new wave of luxury clientele bringing a boost to the local economy.
Long may it continue!
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23