Emerging from the shadows of ever-popular Marbella, a remarkable transformation has taken place under the leadership of Mayor José García Urbano.
From a sleepy, Andalucian seaside town, Estepona has been revitalised and is seeing a surge of inward investment.
Constituting part of the Golden Triangle, an area encompassing Marbella, Benahavís and Estepona, the town has, however, lost none of the authentic appeal for which it is known.
One of the mayor’s grand initiatives, The Garden of the Costa del Sol, serves to enhance its charm with roadside flowers and shrubs in bloom all year round, the walls of the historic town festooned with painted polka-dot pots, large-scale murals and porcelain plaques of poetry.
Estepona is now also gaining a following among the wellheeled, who seek out the best, and it is now registering on the gastro-maps of foodies who once remained firmly within the borders of the Marbella municipality.
The Kempinski Hotel’s recently revamped restaurants and inspiring tapas bars that are appearing in the town centre, as well as the much-anticipated gastro-market, have set the town firmly in the sights of gourmands with a desire to try something new.
Building for the future Beneath the cosmetic and culinary improvements, however, lies a serious desire to improve the local infrastructure, attested to by the soon-to-be-completed district hospital.
Due to open in December 2018, this €15 million project affirms the commitment of the town hall and the Junta de Andalucía to the improvement of the area.
Such modernisation, coupled with a town-planning department that is quick and receptive to the needs of property developers, has proved attractive to investors capitalising on a healthy real estate market.
Marbella is as popular as ever, yet a select offering of luxury developments is raising Estepona’s profile among a wealthier clientele.
Also worthy of mention is the recently completed luxurious apartments of Les Rivages and Doncella Beach located close to Playa del Cristo to the west of Estepona.
Also located in the west end is the The Island, a project of unique townhouses with the qualities of the most luxurious of single homes –situated on a privileged vantage point just metres from the beachfront.
Owners are swathed in a luxury lifestyle from the minute they enter the lavishly landscaped environment, relaxing in the on-site spa or within their spacious homes constructed to the highest of standards with top quality materials.
Recently launched, Darya, a project from the same developer, offers luxury living in a landmark building within an unrivalled seafront setting situated in the heart of the town centre.
Several top class developments are breaking boundaries in the Estepona area, using the best and brightest architects and designers in their arena, and we are delighted to see that their efforts are being rewarded, with a new wave of luxury clientele bringing a boost to the local economy.
Long may it continue!
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05