A TOURIST has been ‘gassed to death’ at a hotel in Andalucia.
Gulnur Kiyamova, 31, died while holidaying in Almeria when the heating system leaked.
The Russian was staying at a tourist complex in Roquetas de Mar.
More than 80 guests were evacuated from Calle Mar Egeo at around 4pm on May 5.
Emergency services found the body of Kiyamova and an unnamed man.
It is believed she had been asleep and was overcome by the gas fumes.
A Russian source in Spain told the Sun: “An autopsy has been carried out and gas poisoning was the reason for her death.”
Her sister Irina said: “We heard on TV news that there had been an emergency in a hotel in Spain.
“Gulnur was not answering her phone and we found the number and called the reception.
“They told us she had been gassed to death after a terrible accident.”
A criminal investigation has been launched.
The family cannot afford the €11,000 bill to repatriate the victim’s body.
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58