A TOURIST has been ‘gassed to death’ at a hotel in Andalucia.
Gulnur Kiyamova, 31, died while holidaying in Almeria when the heating system leaked.
The Russian was staying at a tourist complex in Roquetas de Mar.
More than 80 guests were evacuated from Calle Mar Egeo at around 4pm on May 5.
Emergency services found the body of Kiyamova and an unnamed man.
It is believed she had been asleep and was overcome by the gas fumes.
A Russian source in Spain told the Sun: “An autopsy has been carried out and gas poisoning was the reason for her death.”
Her sister Irina said: “We heard on TV news that there had been an emergency in a hotel in Spain.
“Gulnur was not answering her phone and we found the number and called the reception.
“They told us she had been gassed to death after a terrible accident.”
A criminal investigation has been launched.
The family cannot afford the €11,000 bill to repatriate the victim’s body.
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16