A TOURIST has been ‘gassed to death’ at a hotel in Andalucia.
Gulnur Kiyamova, 31, died while holidaying in Almeria when the heating system leaked.
The Russian was staying at a tourist complex in Roquetas de Mar.
More than 80 guests were evacuated from Calle Mar Egeo at around 4pm on May 5.
Emergency services found the body of Kiyamova and an unnamed man.
It is believed she had been asleep and was overcome by the gas fumes.
A Russian source in Spain told the Sun: “An autopsy has been carried out and gas poisoning was the reason for her death.”
Her sister Irina said: “We heard on TV news that there had been an emergency in a hotel in Spain.
“Gulnur was not answering her phone and we found the number and called the reception.
“They told us she had been gassed to death after a terrible accident.”
A criminal investigation has been launched.
The family cannot afford the €11,000 bill to repatriate the victim’s body.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05