A BRITISH expat has faced a judge in Spain after allegedly trying to run over her ex husband’s new girlfriend.
Manchester-born Kemi Coaker, 29, was questioned in a court in Palma de Mallorca yesterday after allegedly mowing down 23-year-old Meghan Tattersall on Tuesday evening.
Tattersall is recovering in hospital after being struck in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
Kemi, who lives near Magaluf, was picked up in Cala Vinyes half an hour after the ‘hit-and-run’ on suspicion of attempted homicide.
She has been banned from going within 500 metres of her alleged victim and has surrendered her passport, according to the Sun.
Her ex, Andrew Coaker, 39, from Reading, was not with new girlfriend Meghan when she was allegedly run over.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said: “The Gaurdia Civil has arrested a woman aged 29 as the suspected author of a crime of attempted homicide.
“Officers assisted a group of people on Tuesday in Magaluf who were around a woman they spotted lying on the ground. That woman was an injured British national.
“Witnesses said a car had run her over before speeding away from the scene. One of the witnesses said the car had mounted the pavement intent on running over the woman.
“Officers were told the vehicle was a small, white car and police patrols were alerted.
“Thirty minutes later a Civil Guard patrol searching for the vehicle in Cala Vinyes spotted a suspect car with two young women inside whose descriptions matched those of the people they were looking for.
“The two occupants were intercepted and identified. Officers discovered the hit-and-run victim is the current partner of the ex-husband of the driver of the vehicle they stopped and therefore the suspected author of the allegedly intentional hit and run.”
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33