A BRITISH expat has faced a judge in Spain after allegedly trying to run over her ex husband’s new girlfriend.
Manchester-born Kemi Coaker, 29, was questioned in a court in Palma de Mallorca yesterday after allegedly mowing down 23-year-old Meghan Tattersall on Tuesday evening.
Tattersall is recovering in hospital after being struck in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
Kemi, who lives near Magaluf, was picked up in Cala Vinyes half an hour after the ‘hit-and-run’ on suspicion of attempted homicide.
She has been banned from going within 500 metres of her alleged victim and has surrendered her passport, according to the Sun.
Her ex, Andrew Coaker, 39, from Reading, was not with new girlfriend Meghan when she was allegedly run over.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said: “The Gaurdia Civil has arrested a woman aged 29 as the suspected author of a crime of attempted homicide.
“Officers assisted a group of people on Tuesday in Magaluf who were around a woman they spotted lying on the ground. That woman was an injured British national.
“Witnesses said a car had run her over before speeding away from the scene. One of the witnesses said the car had mounted the pavement intent on running over the woman.
“Officers were told the vehicle was a small, white car and police patrols were alerted.
“Thirty minutes later a Civil Guard patrol searching for the vehicle in Cala Vinyes spotted a suspect car with two young women inside whose descriptions matched those of the people they were looking for.
“The two occupants were intercepted and identified. Officers discovered the hit-and-run victim is the current partner of the ex-husband of the driver of the vehicle they stopped and therefore the suspected author of the allegedly intentional hit and run.”
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27