A BRITISH expat has faced a judge in Spain after allegedly trying to run over her ex husband’s new girlfriend.
Manchester-born Kemi Coaker, 29, was questioned in a court in Palma de Mallorca yesterday after allegedly mowing down 23-year-old Meghan Tattersall on Tuesday evening.
Tattersall is recovering in hospital after being struck in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
Kemi, who lives near Magaluf, was picked up in Cala Vinyes half an hour after the ‘hit-and-run’ on suspicion of attempted homicide.
She has been banned from going within 500 metres of her alleged victim and has surrendered her passport, according to the Sun.
Her ex, Andrew Coaker, 39, from Reading, was not with new girlfriend Meghan when she was allegedly run over.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said: “The Gaurdia Civil has arrested a woman aged 29 as the suspected author of a crime of attempted homicide.
“Officers assisted a group of people on Tuesday in Magaluf who were around a woman they spotted lying on the ground. That woman was an injured British national.
“Witnesses said a car had run her over before speeding away from the scene. One of the witnesses said the car had mounted the pavement intent on running over the woman.
“Officers were told the vehicle was a small, white car and police patrols were alerted.
“Thirty minutes later a Civil Guard patrol searching for the vehicle in Cala Vinyes spotted a suspect car with two young women inside whose descriptions matched those of the people they were looking for.
“The two occupants were intercepted and identified. Officers discovered the hit-and-run victim is the current partner of the ex-husband of the driver of the vehicle they stopped and therefore the suspected author of the allegedly intentional hit and run.”
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29