A LUXURIOUS villa once owned by Spain’s leader Adolfo Suarez has been put on the market for a cool €13 million.
Suarez, who was the first democratically elected Prime Minister in post-Franco Spain, had many a holiday at the property in Son Vida.
The liberal leader built the property after buying the plot in 1995, installing his own private wing with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Sadly he was forced to sell the house in 2000 after his wife Amparo Illana’s health deteriorated and the couple had to move permanently to Madrid.
It’s last buyer has made numerous reforms of the stunning property and the property, which spreads over 1,100m2 , contains eight bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a library and a swimming pool.
“There are views of the sea from almost all of the rooms, terraces, gardens and the swimming pool,” said a spokesperson from estate agents, Engel & Volkers, which is selling it.
“This is a majesty of a property full of character and history near the vibrant city of Palma de Mallorca and with the bay as a backdrop.”
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33