A BRITISH and Spanish couple have been named the best Prince Harry and Meghan Markle lookalikes in Europe.
Rhys Whittock and his Spanish girlfriend Inmaculada Santisteban Serrano beat out 3,000 entrants in the contest, launched by budget airline easyjet.
The pair had to impress the panel with their regal wave, romantic wedding proposal and bridal bouquet throw.
Around 3,000 flew into London for the final round of judging ahead of the royal wedding on May 19.
The winning couple have won a year’s worth of free flights.
The UK’s other finalist Danni Burnett, was awarded second place in the contest alongside Carlos Lamothe Blazquez from Spain.
Property developer Rhys Whittock, 34, said: “My family and friends have often said I looked like the young Prince, but I certainly didn’t think I’d be crowned the winner.”
His winning partner, 34-year-old teacher Inmaculada Santisteban Serrano, said: “To be compared to the bride-to-be is a real honour and I’m flattered that I have been voted as the best double for one of the most famous women in the world.”
Head judge Duncan Larcombe, who crowned the winning couple, said: “I was bowled over by the calibre of the finalists and think that they all possessed traits associated to the famous Royal duo.
“It takes certain qualities to be recognised as the pair, and our winning couple embodied the bride and grooms’ characteristics flawlessly.”
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16