ISIS fanatics have threatened to behead Spain footballers Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo at the World Cup, in a series of distressing posters.
One photoshopped image shows the Barcelona and Real Madrid stars being pinned down by jihadists while they slit their throats on a pitch in a packed stadium.
The caption, ‘Your blood will fill the ground’, featured below the shocking poster which shows the two best football players in the world in agony.
A second mocked-up image shows an extremist walking into a football stadium filled with thousands carrying what looks like a small bomb in his hand.
Above the scene a chilling message reads: ‘Islamic State – Fifa World Cup Russia 2018 – Victory will be ours’.
Both of the sickening posters, released by a pro-ISIS group, brandish the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia logo.
It comes as Islamic extremists made similar threats earlier this year about the tournament, which kicks off in June.
This is not the first time Barcelona forward, Messi, has been the target.
Some months ago, an image was released of the Argentinian star in an orange prisoner-style jumpsuit, handcuffed and kneeling down in Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium pitch, while an extremist holds him down.
The latest threat was revealed by Dark Web infiltrators, Sixgill – a cyber intelligence platform which tracks ISIS conversations.
Sixgill discovered the images on the app Telegram, which is commonly used by pro-ISIS groups.
It is expected hundreds of thousands of tourists will stay in St Petersburg for the duration of the tournament.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03