HEAT will build across northern Europe this weekend while southern Spain will have less than average temperatures and rain.
According to the Weather Channel, high pressure will continue to dominate in central and northern regions with temperatures rising above 30C in Germany, which is 10C above average, by next Tuesday.
“Values should remain above normal well into June as the mass of hot weather stretches from central Europe to Scandinavia,” it added.
“There will be very little rain to alleviate the risk of any forest fires in the blistering heat.”
Meanwhile, low pressure will send temperatures dropping in southern Spain with the threat of some heavy rain.
Forecaster Dr Claire Kennedy-Edwards, of The Weather Channel, said: “While high pressure continues to persist over northern Europe bringing further exceptional warmth, parts of south-west Iberia will continue to see cooler than normal temperatures with a low pressure dominating.
“Sevilla is forecast to see highs around 23-24C over the coming week with just 22C forecast for Thursday.
“The average for this time of year is 29.5C.
“Precipitation is forecast to remain well above normal across much of Iberia over the next two weeks with 200% of normal rainfall expected over the interior and 300% in the mountains.”
According to weather agency AEMET, there is a 65-90% chance of rain in Sevilla this Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
In Malaga there is 65% chance of rain on Thursday and Sunday.
Marbella has a 75% chance of rain on Thursday and a 50% chance on Sunday.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26