HEAT will build across northern Europe this weekend while southern Spain will have less than average temperatures and rain.
According to the Weather Channel, high pressure will continue to dominate in central and northern regions with temperatures rising above 30C in Germany, which is 10C above average, by next Tuesday.
“Values should remain above normal well into June as the mass of hot weather stretches from central Europe to Scandinavia,” it added.
“There will be very little rain to alleviate the risk of any forest fires in the blistering heat.”
Meanwhile, low pressure will send temperatures dropping in southern Spain with the threat of some heavy rain.
Forecaster Dr Claire Kennedy-Edwards, of The Weather Channel, said: “While high pressure continues to persist over northern Europe bringing further exceptional warmth, parts of south-west Iberia will continue to see cooler than normal temperatures with a low pressure dominating.
“Sevilla is forecast to see highs around 23-24C over the coming week with just 22C forecast for Thursday.
“The average for this time of year is 29.5C.
“Precipitation is forecast to remain well above normal across much of Iberia over the next two weeks with 200% of normal rainfall expected over the interior and 300% in the mountains.”
According to weather agency AEMET, there is a 65-90% chance of rain in Sevilla this Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
In Malaga there is 65% chance of rain on Thursday and Sunday.
Marbella has a 75% chance of rain on Thursday and a 50% chance on Sunday.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22