A BRITISH-owned beach estate featuring a Pablo Picasso work will go up for auction tomorrow.
The Malaga maestro painted and signed the bottom of the Marbella pad’s pool for his good friend and famous flamenco dancer Antonio ‘El Bailarin’ Ruiz Soler.
The property will go on auction tomorrow with no reserve price, although it was previously on the market for €15 million.
The bidding will close on May 31 and is being handled by Concierge Auctions.
The painting in the pool is a primitive sketch of a figure that could be that of Soler, featuring extended arms and a pointed toe.
Picasso wrote ‘Para Antonio’ above the figure and signed the bottom, dated October 29 1961.
The six-bedroom main house features polished stone floors and Greco-Roman-inspired fixtures, including marble fireplaces and a dining room lined in columned archways.
Two guest houses contain three bedrooms and additional living spaces, according to Concierge.
The home currently belongs to a limited liability company linked to British citizens.
Charlie Smith, a European adviser for Concierge Auctions said: “Beachfront properties are rare in this sought-after area of Southern Spain and beachfront villas offering this level of luxury living even more so.
“The buyer of the villa will not just be purchasing one of the region’s most prestigious properties, but also a one-of-kind piece of art.”
The home was previously on the market in 2014 for €15 million.
Owners turn to auctions when aspects of the home make it difficult to appraise the market price – in this case the Picasso sketch.
A bar, additional indoor pool, sauna, elevator and private beach access also come with the sprawling pad.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22