RYANAIR is facing a summer of chaos after its cabin crew threatened to strike during peak times this holiday season.
Unions representing flight attendants across Europe are calling on the budget airline to stop using Irish labour laws and to adapt to the laws of each country where it operates.
The unions are from some of the most popular destinations for summer holidays, including Spain, Portgual, Italy and Belgium.
Ryanair says negotiations are making progress, but Sitcpla, representing cabin crew in Spain, said the talks are ‘usless’ unless mediators adress and acknowledge their legitimate claims in writing.
Spain’s USO union said: “If Ryanair refuses to meet our demands, and setting June 30 as a deadline, the unions will start all necessary procedures to mobilise at a European level for the summer, including calling a strike.”
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27