A DASH of West End panache, a slice of Broadway dramatics and a sprinkle of Hollywood stardust is landing in Sotogrande on July 7.
A wonderful mix of dance, singing and showbiz will bring alive the Santa Maria Polo Club for the charity gala arranged by the Arturo Darch Foundation, raising money for the Josep Carreras Foundation in the fight against leukaemia.
The second annual gala is based around the musical extravaganza From Broadway to Hollywood, a 1933 film starring Mickey Rooney and Jackie Cooper and many other stars of the time.
As well as champagne and good music, there will be fine food, cocktails, raffles and an after part, which goes on into the night.
“It is going to be one hell of a party,” explains organiser Patricia Darch, whose interior design company has been a major fixture on the coast for over three decades.
“There are plenty of big West End performers joining the night and there will be lots of surprises.”
The entrance to the event, attended by Andalucia and Gibraltar’s leading captains of industry, costs €250 a head, with a table reservation costing €3000.
But every single euro is invested into the noble cause, the eradication of leukaemia.
The foundation has been around for more than 30 years with one single aim: To exterminate the disease.
They currently manage the official bone marrow donors registry in Spain, REDMO, and they even created the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute, focused exclusively on the treatment of the sickness.
For more information visit www.annualcharitygalasotogrande.com
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58