AN influx of immigrants has helped Spain’s population grow for the second year in a row.
The number of people in Spain increased by 132,263 to 46.66 million on January 1 of this year.
Meanwhile, the net number of migrants arriving increased by 146,604.
It comes after almost half a million people arrived last year, the largest migrant influx in 10 years.
The figures come as Europe grapples with a rising influx of migrants, mostly from north Africa and war-torn countries such as Syria.
Sixteen EU leaders met for emergency talks in Brussels on Sunday to find a ‘European solution’ to the issue.
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38