AN influx of immigrants has helped Spain’s population grow for the second year in a row.
The number of people in Spain increased by 132,263 to 46.66 million on January 1 of this year.
Meanwhile, the net number of migrants arriving increased by 146,604.
It comes after almost half a million people arrived last year, the largest migrant influx in 10 years.
The figures come as Europe grapples with a rising influx of migrants, mostly from north Africa and war-torn countries such as Syria.
Sixteen EU leaders met for emergency talks in Brussels on Sunday to find a ‘European solution’ to the issue.
- Karatbars gets to the Forbes Prominent Blockchain List - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 19:38
- Major Olive Revolution in Georgia - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:26
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57