A RUSSIAN guitarist has died from a flesh-eating disease after making fellow passengers vomit on a flight from Spain to Amsterdam.
Andrey Suchilin made headlines around the world in May when his Transavia flight from Canary Islands was forced to make an emergency landing.
It came after fellow passengers began fainting and vomiting due to his ‘unbearably’ bad smell.
It was believed Suchilin simply had poor hygiene, but it has transpired that he was suffering from a serious bacterial infection – necrosis – that caused part of his body to die.
His flesh was literally rotting away, explaining why travellers described the smell as ‘worse than a rotting corpse’.
He had been taken straight to hospital where medics confirmed he was suffering from gangrene, a form of necrosis, or premature tissue death, caused by a lack of blood and oxygen to the tissue.
Medics believe he had begun to suffer from the condition while on holiday in Spain.
Belgian passenger Piet van Haut said: “It was like he hadn’t washed himself for several weeks. Several passengers got sick and had to vomit.”
Unwitting staff on the Transavia flight reportedly tried to quarantine him in a toilet of the Boeing 737 before the pilots decided to divert the flight.
They landed in Faro, Portugal, so Suchilin could be removed.
A Transavia spokesman confirmed at the time that ‘the aeroplane diverted because of medical reasons, but it is indeed right that he smelled quite a bit’.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27