It comes days after he was forced to hand over his documents as a condition for being released from prison.
Antonio Guerrero, the Guardia Civil officer among the convicted, tried to get the new travel documents on Monday, it was revealed today.
The group of five, from Sevilla, were cleared of rape after a trial which attracted widespread condemnation from women’s groups.
The friends joked about the 2016 attack in a Whatsapp group called ‘The Wolf Pack’.
They stood accused of raping an 18-year-old girl at the Pamplona running of the bulls festival, but were charged with the lesser sexual abuse.
The result stoked an intense national debate and inspired a spate of protests.
They were freed on bail last week after almost two years in jail, prompting more protests across the country.
“A member of #TheWolfPack caught trying to get a passport … while a ban on leaving Spanish soil has been imposed by a court,” Policia Nacional wrote on Twitter above an image of cartoon law enforcer Batman shaking his head and wagging his finger.
— Policía Nacional (@policia) June 28, 2018
Judges in Navarra defended releasing the group, saying the risk of them trying to flee would be limited by several conditions, including reporting to police three times a week and relinquishing their passports.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20