The 77-year-old is accused of using rodenticide poison – rat poison – to kill the birds which reportedly kept interrupting his sleep.
According to court documents, the disgruntled neighbour threw corn, lentils and rice laced with the poison into the pen next to his home in San Pedro de Alcantara.
The accused was arrested following a complaint from the chickens’ owner on June 20.
He has been released pending an appearance before a judge.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14