THIS is the moment a cyclist in Marbella got off his bike to document the ‘massacre of birds’ by a recently constructed glass wall.
???????????????????? C O M P A R T E ????????????????????Menudos hijos de put….. Vaya masacre de animales ??????????????????????
Geplaatst door Marbella se queja op Maandag 2 juli 2018
The five-minute clip sees the local pick up up to a dozen birds who appear to have flown into the glass panels on the road to Ojen, near Marbella.
The wall of glass panels is believed to have been erected to cancel out traffic for a nearby urbanisation.
“This, ladies and gentlemen, is a real shame. Look at the poor birds. How barbaric,” the unnamed cyclist says in the video.
“Look with its babies by its side, my god,” he adds through what sounds like tears.
He then calls on the mayor of Ojen to ‘come here and look at what is happening in your town, the assassination of birds because of this glass screen.’
Several people commenting on the video said they have already filed denuncias with Seprona – the animal welfare arm of the Guardia Civil.
The clip has been shared almost 8,000 times.
Mayor of Ojen Jose Antonio Gomez Sanchez said today: “When the town hall realised this could be a problem we asked the developers to install poultry protection devices.
“They agreed without problems.
“It seems that there has been a delay in installing these, but they have told me that they will begin installing such measures tomorrow.”
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33