A MANHUNT is underway after a Brit was shot in the buttocks in Spain last night.
The holidaymaker is recovering in hospital after reportedly being caught in the crossfire between a ‘gangland shootout’.
Two other men, both of Arab origin, were also shot at the nightclub in Benidorm.
The 42-year-old Brit suffered superficial wounds to his bottom that may have been from a ricochet bullet.
The shocking shootout took place at around 11pm outside the Hippodrome Disco Club in Little England.
Police are looking for four men.
A source told the Sun: “He (the Brit) was here temporarily and had planned to fly back home on Saturday and we think at this stage he is simply a tourist who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
“Witnesses have not said there was a row or fight prior to the shooting.
“One of the theories we are looking at is this was a settling of scores linked to drug dealing.”
The getaway car is believed to be foreign-plated.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05