A MANHUNT is underway after a Brit was shot in the buttocks in Spain last night.
The holidaymaker is recovering in hospital after reportedly being caught in the crossfire between a ‘gangland shootout’.
Two other men, both of Arab origin, were also shot at the nightclub in Benidorm.
The 42-year-old Brit suffered superficial wounds to his bottom that may have been from a ricochet bullet.
The shocking shootout took place at around 11pm outside the Hippodrome Disco Club in Little England.
Police are looking for four men.
A source told the Sun: “He (the Brit) was here temporarily and had planned to fly back home on Saturday and we think at this stage he is simply a tourist who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
“Witnesses have not said there was a row or fight prior to the shooting.
“One of the theories we are looking at is this was a settling of scores linked to drug dealing.”
The getaway car is believed to be foreign-plated.
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00