A MANHUNT is underway after a Brit was shot in the buttocks in Spain last night.
The holidaymaker is recovering in hospital after reportedly being caught in the crossfire between a ‘gangland shootout’.
Two other men, both of Arab origin, were also shot at the nightclub in Benidorm.
The 42-year-old Brit suffered superficial wounds to his bottom that may have been from a ricochet bullet.
The shocking shootout took place at around 11pm outside the Hippodrome Disco Club in Little England.
Police are looking for four men.
A source told the Sun: “He (the Brit) was here temporarily and had planned to fly back home on Saturday and we think at this stage he is simply a tourist who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
“Witnesses have not said there was a row or fight prior to the shooting.
“One of the theories we are looking at is this was a settling of scores linked to drug dealing.”
The getaway car is believed to be foreign-plated.
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38
- BREXIT: Everything British expats in Spain need to know - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 17:25
- Top 5 Travel Apps to Use in 2019 - 12 Feb, 2019 @ 09:14