THIS is the moment a car speeds off after brutally hitting a cyclist in Mallorca.
Tu ayuda es esencial para evitar estas conductas
— Guardia Civil ???????? (@guardiacivil) July 8, 2018
The Guardia Civil have arrested the 36-year-old driver after knocking down the cyclist at a roundabout in front of Mercapalma in Palma on June 23.
CCTV footage shows the cyclist flying into the air and hitting the car bonnet.
The driver reverses slightly before speeding away as the victim lay in the middle of the road, without stopping to check if he needed help.
Luckily a lorry driver immediately spotted the injured cyclist and got out of the vehicle.
He was then rushed to hospital, however the Guardia Civil have not revealed the extent of his injuries.
After being arrested, the driver confessed and has been charged with failure to render aid.
Officials said the driver did not stop to give way at the roundabout and slammed into the cyclist, who had been following the rules of the road correctly.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03