AS England and Croatia get ready for the biggest game in their country’s history, we look at some of the stand-out venues to enjoy the game.
GK on Avenida de Espana, Estepona, is a new sports bar which offers a sleek and lively atmosphere, opening days before this summer’s world cup. It boasts around 30 high-definition TV’s around the premises, meaning whether you are dining al fresco or having a casual beer with friends, you won’t miss a minute of the game. As well as Estepona, GK has bars in San Pedro and Malaga.
Healy Mac’s in Estepona Port offers a busy Irish-themed sports bar. With views overlooking the port and a spacious outdoor area, Healy Mac’s brings together both expats and tourists visiting the port. With a selection of home beers, Healy Mac’s can offer a home from home for sports fans. With a history of showing different sports such as Gaelic Football, watching the world cup at Healy Mac’s is a sporting experience you will not forget.
Biddy Mulligan’s in La Cala, Mijas is a real sports pub. Not only does it offer football, but golf, gaelic football, formula 1 all accompanied with live music. Consistently rated five stars on social media Biddy Mulligan’s has 14 big screens with spacious outdoor seating. Open until the early hours of the morning, Biddy Mulligan’s is also child-friendly sports bar.
Sam’s Sports Bar and Restaurant in Benalmadena offers a modern bar with spacious terrace seating with four large screen TV’s. Renowned in the area for its sport, it regularly shows cricket, rugby, golf and boxing and this years England and Croatia game will not be exempt. If you suffer from any pre-match nerves, Sam’s Sports Bar and Restaurant offers a 4-6pm happy hour.
Linekers Bar in Puerto Banus offers a electric atmosphere to watch a world cup match in. Any sport being played in Puerto Banus, have no doubt that it will be shown on their 25 plasma TV screens. Home to the more partygoers of the area, watching the world cup at Linekers Bar will be a unique experience.
- MONKEYING AROUND: All you need to know about Gibraltar’s mischievous macaques - 9 Sep, 2018 @ 15:00
- Mayor of Algeciras claims Spanish town is now ‘migrant crisis epicentre’ - 27 Jul, 2018 @ 12:11
- Ryanair staff working under a ‘terror regime’ as strikes continue to affect Spain - 26 Jul, 2018 @ 11:19
- This years Spanish Super Cup final is to be played in… Morocco - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 17:09
- Spain’s new PP leader seeks to move the party ‘back to its roots’ - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 14:08
- GET SET FOR CLEARING: University of Gibraltar’s top tips for those who don’t get their predicted grades - 24 Jul, 2018 @ 14:03
- 60 people had to be evacuated from their homes following fire in Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:19
- BREAKING: Firefighters called in to tackle blaze on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 18:20
- Survivor of capsized migrant boat transferred to hospital in Spain - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 13:59
- Ryanair launches new campaign as passengers face flight cancellations in Spain - 20 Jul, 2018 @ 18:46