His body was discovered by a gardener later that morning and on further investigation it appeared that he was staying at another nearby complex and had been separated from his friends.
The police have said he fell from a balcony; however his friends say he tumbled from a low-walled walkway into the private gardens below.
Thomas is the third British holidaymaker to have died at the Eden Roc this year and demands are being made to take action about the “walkway of death”.
In June, Tom Hughes aged 20, also died after falling about 65ft from the apartment block and previously in April Natalie Cormack, 19, also fell to her death.
There have been a number of other balcony falls this year in Magaluf and authorities have issued warnings about holidaymakers taking risks on hotel balconies abroad.
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02