His body was discovered by a gardener later that morning and on further investigation it appeared that he was staying at another nearby complex and had been separated from his friends.
The police have said he fell from a balcony; however his friends say he tumbled from a low-walled walkway into the private gardens below.
Thomas is the third British holidaymaker to have died at the Eden Roc this year and demands are being made to take action about the “walkway of death”.
In June, Tom Hughes aged 20, also died after falling about 65ft from the apartment block and previously in April Natalie Cormack, 19, also fell to her death.
There have been a number of other balcony falls this year in Magaluf and authorities have issued warnings about holidaymakers taking risks on hotel balconies abroad.
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38