AN Irish teenager is in critical condition in hospital after plunging from a second-floor balcony in Mallorca yesterday morning.
18-year-old Padraig Morgan, from Belfast, has been left seriously injured after falling from Hotel Apartments Deya in Santa Ponsa at around 5.30am on Tuesday morning.
The teen was rushed to Son Espases hospital in Palma where he is believed to be in a ‘serious condition’ in intensive care, reported the Irish Sun.
It is understood that he has suffered spinal and hip injuries.
The goalkeeper for St James’ Swifts FC was on holiday with friends at the time of the incident.
It comes after three Brits died this year after falling from a walkway at the Eden Roc complex in Magaluf.
A 14-year-old Irish boy also tragically died in July after plunging 20 feet from a balcony from the Eix Lagotel in Playa de Muro.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03