A LEFT-wing politician has been found brutally murdered in Spain.
Izquierda Unida councillor Javier Ardines, 52, was found next to his van, some 150 metres from his home by a dog walker at 8am yesterday.
The body, which is said to have significant injuries, has been transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine for an autopsy.
Police say his death, in the town of Llanes in Asturias, was violent after discovering severe head injuries not consistent with a fall.
The dogwalker found the body lying in the middle of the road with the door of Ardines’s nearby van left wide open.
His wife and two children are said to be in a state of shock and have ‘no idea’ of who would want to harm the family man.
The autopsy results are expected today.
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45