A LEFT-wing politician has been found brutally murdered in Spain.
Izquierda Unida councillor Javier Ardines, 52, was found next to his van, some 150 metres from his home by a dog walker at 8am yesterday.
The body, which is said to have significant injuries, has been transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine for an autopsy.
Police say his death, in the town of Llanes in Asturias, was violent after discovering severe head injuries not consistent with a fall.
The dogwalker found the body lying in the middle of the road with the door of Ardines’s nearby van left wide open.
His wife and two children are said to be in a state of shock and have ‘no idea’ of who would want to harm the family man.
The autopsy results are expected today.
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16