A LEFT-wing politician has been found brutally murdered in Spain.
Izquierda Unida councillor Javier Ardines, 52, was found next to his van, some 150 metres from his home by a dog walker at 8am yesterday.
The body, which is said to have significant injuries, has been transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine for an autopsy.
Police say his death, in the town of Llanes in Asturias, was violent after discovering severe head injuries not consistent with a fall.
The dogwalker found the body lying in the middle of the road with the door of Ardines’s nearby van left wide open.
His wife and two children are said to be in a state of shock and have ‘no idea’ of who would want to harm the family man.
The autopsy results are expected today.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05