POLICE have shot to death a British suspect on the Costa del Sol.
It comes after officers tried to arrest the middle aged man, whose identity has not been revealed, in Estepona at around 5.15pm today, reported The Sun.
It is believed the suspect resisted by using a gun and officials were forced to take action.
The incident, which occurred in the Cancelada area, at the hotel Residence Autosole, is currently under investigation.
At around 7pm an on-duty judge arrived at the scene to remove the body.
While Malaga police confirmed the death, the motives for the arrest have not yet been revealed, but it has been reported he may have fled the scene of a traffic accident earlier in the day.
Emergency services were alerted after neighbours reported hearing gunshots but when they arrived the person had already died.
More to follow…
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03