PANIC has hit the streets of Estepona tonight after a succession of ‘gunshots’ saw people ‘running for their lives’.
Witnesses have told the Olive Press they heard around nine gunshots before seeing hoardes of people running along the promenade and the bustling Calle Real.
“It was crazy,” one British expat said, “People were in a panic and started running into restaurants.”
The Brit said she was locked inside popular haunt Rincon Toscano for around 20 minutes.
“It was terrifying,” she said, “we had no idea what was happening, we’ve all got memories of what happened in Paris and Barcelona, we thought it might have been a terrorist attack.”
A waiter told the Olive Press: “I was outside serving and I heard boom, boom, boom!
“I thought it was fake then I saw everyone running, it was insane.”
Witnesses said they saw police chasing two men.
They are believed to have been arrested although nothing has been confirmed by the authorities.
The incident is believed to have started outside Mr Noodles.
Restaurants and bars have now unlocked their doors.
The situation is believed to be under control.
More to follow…
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36