PANIC has hit the streets of Estepona tonight after a succession of ‘gunshots’ saw people ‘running for their lives’.
Witnesses have told the Olive Press they heard around nine gunshots before seeing hoardes of people running along the promenade and the bustling Calle Real.
“It was crazy,” one British expat said, “People were in a panic and started running into restaurants.”
The Brit said she was locked inside popular haunt Rincon Toscano for around 20 minutes.
“It was terrifying,” she said, “we had no idea what was happening, we’ve all got memories of what happened in Paris and Barcelona, we thought it might have been a terrorist attack.”
A waiter told the Olive Press: “I was outside serving and I heard boom, boom, boom!
“I thought it was fake then I saw everyone running, it was insane.”
Witnesses said they saw police chasing two men.
They are believed to have been arrested although nothing has been confirmed by the authorities.
The incident is believed to have started outside Mr Noodles.
Restaurants and bars have now unlocked their doors.
The situation is believed to be under control.
More to follow…
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13