SEVERAL police cars have rushed to the scene of a shooting on Estepona’s promenade.
At least six Policia Nacional vehicles are on the scene on Avenida de Espana after reports of several gunshots.
Police have placed around 13 orange cones on the ground, believed to highlight shell casings.
Dozens of locals and expats were seen running and locking themselves into restaurants.
While there were reports of two suspects being chased, one witness told the Olive Press: “We were driving away from Estepona towards Cancelada.
“As we passed the beach we heard shooting.
“We were then overtaken by a grey BMW X5 at speed heading in the same direction as us!”
“It was crazy,” another British expat said, “People were in a panic and started running into restaurants.”
“It was terrifying,” she said, “we had no idea what was happening, we’ve all got memories of what happened in Paris and Barcelona, we thought it might have been a terrorist attack.”
“I thought it was fake then I saw everyone running, it was insane.”
Police have yet to comment.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22