SEVERAL police cars have rushed to the scene of a shooting on Estepona’s promenade.
At least six Policia Nacional vehicles are on the scene on Avenida de Espana after reports of several gunshots.
Police have placed around 13 orange cones on the ground, believed to highlight shell casings.
Dozens of locals and expats were seen running and locking themselves into restaurants.
While there were reports of two suspects being chased, one witness told the Olive Press: “We were driving away from Estepona towards Cancelada.
“As we passed the beach we heard shooting.
“We were then overtaken by a grey BMW X5 at speed heading in the same direction as us!”
“It was crazy,” another British expat said, “People were in a panic and started running into restaurants.”
“It was terrifying,” she said, “we had no idea what was happening, we’ve all got memories of what happened in Paris and Barcelona, we thought it might have been a terrorist attack.”
“I thought it was fake then I saw everyone running, it was insane.”
Police have yet to comment.
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33