GUNSHOTS fired on the Costa del Sol tonight are believed to have been part of a kidnapping.
Witnesses say that between two to four hooded men approached a man who was dining at a restaurant on Estepona’s promenade – believed to be Mr Noodles – at around 10.45pm.
According to sources cited by Diario Sur, the man made a run for it as the kidnappers gave chase while shooting at him.
They allegedly caught up with him at the door of a restaurant on Plaza de Ortiz, where witnesses say they beat him up and bashed him over the head with the butt of a gun.
It was then that a BMW X5 vehicle pulled up before the man was bundled inside.
The reports come after a witness told the Olive Press he saw the same car speeding past them after hearing gunshots.
The British expat told the Olive Press: “We were driving away from Estepona towards Cancelada.
“As we passed the beach we heard shooting.
“We were then overtaken by a grey BMW X5 at speed heading in the same direction as us!”
The shooting caused mass panic and a stampede in the seaside town.
Expats and locals locked themselves inside bars and restaurants fearing it might have been a terrorist attack.
But according to sources, everything thus far indicates that it was a kidnapping and part of a settling of scores.
Policia Nacional are still investigating and nothing has been ruled out or confirmed.
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13
- Homes sealed off after explosion shatters windows more than 50 metres away on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:35