GUNSHOTS fired on the Costa del Sol tonight are believed to have been part of a kidnapping.
Witnesses say that between two to four hooded men approached a man who was dining at a restaurant on Estepona’s promenade – believed to be Mr Noodles – at around 10.45pm.
According to sources cited by Diario Sur, the man made a run for it as the kidnappers gave chase while shooting at him.
They allegedly caught up with him at the door of a restaurant on Plaza de Ortiz, where witnesses say they beat him up and bashed him over the head with the butt of a gun.
It was then that a BMW X5 vehicle pulled up before the man was bundled inside.
The reports come after a witness told the Olive Press he saw the same car speeding past them after hearing gunshots.
The British expat told the Olive Press: “We were driving away from Estepona towards Cancelada.
“As we passed the beach we heard shooting.
“We were then overtaken by a grey BMW X5 at speed heading in the same direction as us!”
The shooting caused mass panic and a stampede in the seaside town.
Expats and locals locked themselves inside bars and restaurants fearing it might have been a terrorist attack.
But according to sources, everything thus far indicates that it was a kidnapping and part of a settling of scores.
Policia Nacional are still investigating and nothing has been ruled out or confirmed.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22