A BRUTALLY murdered body has been discovered in Algeciras just hours after a shootout and alleged kidnapping on the Costa del Sol.
The body had several stab wounds which make it clear it was a homicide, but Policia Nacional are trying to decipher any strong links to last night’s incident.
Given the geographical proximity and the modus operandi of the murder, which police say was typical of the ‘settling of scores’ among gangs, agents are working with the hypothesis that it could be the victim of last night’s kidnapping.
However they stressed the investigation is still in its very early stages and that nothing has been confirmed.
It comes after the Olive Press was the first to report the gunshots outside Mr Noodles in Estepona last night.
At least nine shots were fired, sparking a panic and seeing locals and expats run for their lives.
More to follow…
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59
- Life in the laid-back East of the Costa del Sol has never seemed more appealing - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 10:10