MALAGA is getting a huge new marina for mega yachts of the super rich.
Bidding has been opened for the space at the Marques de Guadiaro dock in the city’s port
With the maximum bid set at €9.5 million, interest investors have three months to make their offers before a winner is announced in February.
The new marina will accommodate a maximum of 40 vessels, from 30 to 100 metres in length, and will cover 41,484sqm of water and 4,830sqm of land.
There will also be a 770-metre pier.
It comes after it was announced that the famous Four Seasons hotel is coming to Marbella in a bid to bring ‘more glamour’ and battle the area’s seasonality.
The luxury hotel will be built on the beach front with the first brick being laid on October 5.
It has been described by sources as a ‘huge project’ which will bring back some ‘glamour’ to the tourism hotspot after a rise in loutish behaviour from boozed up tourists in the summer months has tarnished once upmarket areas like Puerto Banus.
The land is owned by Villa Padierna Hotels & Resorts and occupies 700 metres of beach.
The laying of the first brick will see a ceremony on October 5, attended by the who’s who of business and politics in Andalucia.
Junta president Susana Diaz, Four Seasons CEO J. Allen Smith and Marbella mayor Angeles Munoz will all be among the guests.
The luxury hotel is the brainchild of architect Richard Meier and has been described by those involved in the project as ‘a marvel’.
Much like its Miami and Dubai counterparts, the complex will include private residences as well as hotel rooms.
It is hoped it will kickstart a ‘new era’ in luxury tourism in Marbella.
Ricardo Arranz, President of Villa Padierna, who are partners in the project, said: “Marbella and Madrid need the glamour that these types of brands give.”
The Four Seasons will be the first in Spain, opening its doors by the beginning of 2019.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40