A GROUP of expats are appealing for funds to help a homeless expat pensioner get back on his feet after he lost his entire family.
Rebecca Pattinson, 26 and fiance Dave Langshaw, 32, took in Graham Nobbs last week after noticing him sleeping rough in a Lidl car park, in Albox, Almeria.
The Stockport couple want to help the 69-year-old, originally from Kent, to get a passport, bank account and NIE number.
“Graham is an incredibly intelligent man,” Rebecca told the Olive Press this week.
“He hasn’t been able to claim any of the pension that he is owed as he has no bank account, passport or any means of communication with the pension people back in the UK.”
The kind-hearted couple, joined by several others, have set up a ‘gofundme’ page where people can donate to help Graham, who worked as a salesman for House of Fraser and Barclays in Kensington, and who has walked around 25,000 miles across Spain since becoming homeless five years ago.
Another couple have already set up a fundraising page which has so far raised €400 and Rebecca says any extra money will go towards getting Graham a flat of his own.
She told the Olive Press: “It’s not right to see a frail old man on the street, we’re not heroes, we’re just doing the kind thing.
“It’s really opened both of our eyes over the past few days and it makes you appreciate the little things.”
The expats have already raised hundreds but are hoping to get to €1000 and are still looking for donations to their page, which can be found here: www.gofundme.com/helpforgraham.
Do you have a positive expat story? Someone who has done something special? As a community newspaper we want to hear your stories… email [email protected]
- Man arrested after threatening woman with machine gun, pistol and bow and arrow in Spain’s Andalucia - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 11:37
- Spain dominates World’s Best 50 Restaurants list with three Spanish kitchens in top 10 - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:56
- Spandau Ballet’s Steve Norman holds meet and greet for fans in Spain’s Andalucia THIS WEEKEND - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 08:48
- WATCH: Spain’s Women’s World Cup dreams end as two penalties hand USA 2-1 victory in France - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:32
- This is the ONLY beach in Spain included in the world top 10 - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- Two men arrested over sexual assault of young woman who was enjoying Costa del Sol San Juan celebrations - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 08:59
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30