THE BRITISH couple killed in Mallorca’s flash floods are named as Anthony Green, 77, and his wife Delia, 75, who were drowned in a taxi.
Their taxi driver, Juan Sillero, is also named as one of the 10 known to have died so far in this natural disaster which leaves 200 homeless.
The couple were on their way to the hotel in Cala Bona when rescue workers found them drowned in the vehicle near S’Illot at 2am on Wednesday.
A Foreign Office spokesperson said: “We are supporting the family of two British people following their deaths in Spain, and will do all we can to assist them at this deeply difficult time.
“Our staff remain in contact with the Spanish authorities who are responsible for responding to the floods, and are ready to assist any other British people who require our help.”
Only one boy, 5, was still missing last night, but this morning emergency services in Mallorca have confirmed they are also searching for two Germans.
Over 510 emergency units were sent in response to the worst floods Mallorca has seen in a century, including 120 soldiers, seven military vehicles and helicopters.
Tennis star Rafael Nadal joined in clean-up operations of the flood in his hometown and was accompanied by Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and his opposite number Pablo Casado.
Over 200mm of rain fell in just four hours on Tuesday in the worst-affected area of Sant Llorenc, 40 miles east of Palma.
- WATCH: Spain’s Women’s World Cup dreams end as two penalties hand USA 2-1 victory in France - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:32
- This is the ONLY beach in Spain included in the world top 10 - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- Two men arrested over sexual assault of young woman who was enjoying Costa del Sol San Juan celebrations - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 08:59
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- RING ROADS AND RUINS: Junta de Andalucia funding motorways, flamenco and sewage in NEW budgets - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:00
- OPINION: The news that a British boy’s death in Mallorca ‘could have been prevented’ is both shocking and sad - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- British expat arrested after Irishman stabbed to death ‘while urinating’ in pub on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 13:53