THE BRITISH couple killed in Mallorca’s flash floods are named as Anthony Green, 77, and his wife Delia, 75, who were drowned in a taxi.
Their taxi driver, Juan Sillero, is also named as one of the 10 known to have died so far in this natural disaster which leaves 200 homeless.
The couple were on their way to the hotel in Cala Bona when rescue workers found them drowned in the vehicle near S’Illot at 2am on Wednesday.
A Foreign Office spokesperson said: “We are supporting the family of two British people following their deaths in Spain, and will do all we can to assist them at this deeply difficult time.
“Our staff remain in contact with the Spanish authorities who are responsible for responding to the floods, and are ready to assist any other British people who require our help.”
Only one boy, 5, was still missing last night, but this morning emergency services in Mallorca have confirmed they are also searching for two Germans.
Over 510 emergency units were sent in response to the worst floods Mallorca has seen in a century, including 120 soldiers, seven military vehicles and helicopters.
Tennis star Rafael Nadal joined in clean-up operations of the flood in his hometown and was accompanied by Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and his opposite number Pablo Casado.
Over 200mm of rain fell in just four hours on Tuesday in the worst-affected area of Sant Llorenc, 40 miles east of Palma.
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33
- GIBRALTAR VS IRELAND: Fan zone, time, TV and everything else you need to know for Euro 2020 qualifier THIS WEEKEND - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:26
- Around 100 British expats in Spain flying to London for huge Brexit protest THIS SATURDAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:06
- Gibraltarians FUMING after Ronnie O’Sullivan says he’d rather ‘sleep in pig sty’ than play snooker in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:11
- WATCH: ‘Woman not wearing shoes’ sparks bloody brawl on Ryanair flight from UK to Spain - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:50
- Neighbours of British expat accused of murdering wife in Spain say he bugged phones and was obsessed with security - 13 Mar, 2019 @ 20:53
- Village in Spain ‘bewildered’ as Robin Hood mystery figure slides cash envelopes of up to €100 under doors - 13 Mar, 2019 @ 19:21