THE BRITISH couple killed in Mallorca’s flash floods are named as Anthony Green, 77, and his wife Delia, 75, who were drowned in a taxi.
Their taxi driver, Juan Sillero, is also named as one of the 10 known to have died so far in this natural disaster which leaves 200 homeless.
The couple were on their way to the hotel in Cala Bona when rescue workers found them drowned in the vehicle near S’Illot at 2am on Wednesday.
A Foreign Office spokesperson said: “We are supporting the family of two British people following their deaths in Spain, and will do all we can to assist them at this deeply difficult time.
“Our staff remain in contact with the Spanish authorities who are responsible for responding to the floods, and are ready to assist any other British people who require our help.”
Only one boy, 5, was still missing last night, but this morning emergency services in Mallorca have confirmed they are also searching for two Germans.
Over 510 emergency units were sent in response to the worst floods Mallorca has seen in a century, including 120 soldiers, seven military vehicles and helicopters.
Tennis star Rafael Nadal joined in clean-up operations of the flood in his hometown and was accompanied by Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and his opposite number Pablo Casado.
Over 200mm of rain fell in just four hours on Tuesday in the worst-affected area of Sant Llorenc, 40 miles east of Palma.
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42
- Spain tourism chiefs call for alcohol ban in airports and say British police ‘have power’ to stop boozing on flights - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:12
- Spain likely to call snap general election as Pedro Sanchez fails to get budget past Parliament - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- REVEALED: Which of Spain’s regions will be having the most sex this Valentine’s Day - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00