A BRITISH expat has made a desperate plea on social media to find her ill dog which escaped ‘terrified’ during the storms yesterday on the Costa del Sol.
Owner, Julie Frank and her family are ‘very concerned’ about ‘timid’ Polly the Podenco’s whereabouts after escaping yesterday morning from their home in La Cala de Mijas while taking her daughter, Ava to school.
The five-year-old rescue dog was so ‘petrified’ of the severe thunderstorms ravaging the coast yesterday, that she tore a hole through the metal garden fence and bolted off.
“Podencos are known escape artists. We thought we’d made the garden secure but she must have been so frightened, she got through it,” added Julie, from Lancashire, “there’s a storm later too, so she will run again. I’m so worried she could be far away
Polly almost died in March due to a severe kidney disease and can only process a special low protein diet.
It could be extremely dangerous to her health if she eats something off the street.
“We moved over to Spain a year ago and adopted Polly to help our daughter settle in.
“She’s so lovely but timid – loves the sofa and cuddles,” added Julie.
The pup was last seen yesterday morning running away from La Cala in the direction of Fuengirola. There have been no sightings since.
Polly is medium-sized and brown.
If anyone has any information about Polly please get in touch with owner Julie on 603 115 431 or [email protected]
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03