???? Intervenidas más de 6 toneladas de cocaína ocultas en un cargamento de bananas???? en un polígono industrial de #Málaga.
Detenidas 16 personas e intervenidos 300.000€, armas de fuego, vehículos de alta gama y abundante documentación.#Estamosporti pic.twitter.com/njyW6kYYo0
— Policía Nacional (@policia) October 25, 2018
POLICIA Nacional confirmed they had seized six tonnes of cocaine, with a value of €350 million, in Malaga yesterday, along with firearms, high-end vehicles and €300,000 in cash.
Police made the drugs bust in Malaga‘s southern port yesterday at around 2:30am after they found a Cost Rican fruit truck packed with banana boxes used to conceal the cocaine, as reported by the Olive Press.
Footage posted by police on Twitter shows that the drug traffickers had hidden the cocaine, believed to have originated from Ecuador, underneath bananas in cardboard boxes.
Police arrested 16 people, breaking up a well-known Dutch cartel who operate on Andalucia’s Costa del Sol.
Some of those arrested are ‘priority targets by police in the Netherlands,’ a police statement said.
One man was arrested in Badajoz on the border with Portugal, while the other 15 people detained by police were all in Malaga.
Portugal’s police anti-drug unit and the United States’ Homeland Security Investigations unit collaborated with the Spanish authorities.
Spain is the cocaine gateway of Europe and criminals are being increasingly inventive to smuggle drugs in the past, hollowed-out pineapples, breast implants and a cast protecting a broken leg have all been used to smuggled drugs into the country.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59