A WOMAN has died while trying to cross a stream with her husband following heavy rainfall in Malaga.
The unidentified woman, believed to be around 50 years old, was swept away in Velez-Malaga at around 9pm.
Her body was found half an hour later around two kilometers away from where she fell into the water.
According to Civil Protection of Vélez-Málaga, the woman tried to cross the Seco River at the height of the Hacienda Macarena, but was overpowered by the stream before falling in and being dragged by the water.
The woman is believed to have been accompanied by her husband, who crossed first without difficulty.
He lost sight of his wife after arriving to the other side and called emergency services immediately.
Policia Nacional, Policia Local and firemen rushed to the scene to initiate a search, which tragically ended with the discover of her body just 30 minutes later.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20