MARBELLA’S restaurant of the moment, Posidonia Banus, was transformed into the streets of Rio this month, as the European Carnival Centre came to town.
The Rio 40° packed out Posidonia’s unique event space with a showstopping collective of food, fashion and fiesta.
10 beautiful samba dancers from the Rio 40° group were joined by Brazilian drummers and fashion brand Lisy Fashion Style to light up the revamped restaurant.
“We were happy to host the first edition of this innovative and exciting event,” said Posidonia’s creative director and manager, Silvia Korosi Feher.
“Guests loved the food, surroundings and great atmosphere and we have many more exciting events planned at the bar and restaurant during the winter season.”
Silvia also revealed they have ramped up the wow factor further by installing ceiling rigging that will allow them to put on amazing aerial shows.
Posidonia’s sold-out event also saw Jonas Braga Morcego Pdb and Marisol Gomez crowned King and Queen of Samba Intercultural.
Crowds gathered in Posidonia’s fresh event space were also treated to the thrill of the Brazilian martial art Capoeira and finally a vibrant DJ Marci set kept the party going into the early hours.
Istva’n Issovits, who arrived on the Costa del Sol in January, is the owner of Posidonia and said he wants ‘to provide an exceptional cuisine and venue for the people of Marbella.’
He added: “When people leave this place they won’t just have a full stomach, they will have a good feeling of joy.”
Theme nights are to be the main attraction at Posidonia, which is just off Carretera Nacional N-340, a stone’s throw from Puerto Banus’s glamorous port.
- BREXIT FOOD MAP: Which Spanish produce will be most affected when the UK leaves the EU? - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33
- GIBRALTAR VS IRELAND: Fan zone, time, TV and everything else you need to know for Euro 2020 qualifier THIS WEEKEND - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:26