MARBELLA’S restaurant of the moment, Posidonia Banus, was transformed into the streets of Rio this month, as the European Carnival Centre came to town.
The Rio 40° packed out Posidonia’s unique event space with a showstopping collective of food, fashion and fiesta.
10 beautiful samba dancers from the Rio 40° group were joined by Brazilian drummers and fashion brand Lisy Fashion Style to light up the revamped restaurant.
“We were happy to host the first edition of this innovative and exciting event,” said Posidonia’s creative director and manager, Silvia Korosi Feher.
“Guests loved the food, surroundings and great atmosphere and we have many more exciting events planned at the bar and restaurant during the winter season.”
Silvia also revealed they have ramped up the wow factor further by installing ceiling rigging that will allow them to put on amazing aerial shows.
Posidonia’s sold-out event also saw Jonas Braga Morcego Pdb and Marisol Gomez crowned King and Queen of Samba Intercultural.
Crowds gathered in Posidonia’s fresh event space were also treated to the thrill of the Brazilian martial art Capoeira and finally a vibrant DJ Marci set kept the party going into the early hours.
Istva’n Issovits, who arrived on the Costa del Sol in January, is the owner of Posidonia and said he wants ‘to provide an exceptional cuisine and venue for the people of Marbella.’
He added: “When people leave this place they won’t just have a full stomach, they will have a good feeling of joy.”
Theme nights are to be the main attraction at Posidonia, which is just off Carretera Nacional N-340, a stone’s throw from Puerto Banus’s glamorous port.
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27
- Costa del Sol toll charges to be scrapped THIS YEAR - 5 Jun, 2019 @ 18:58