MARBELLA’S restaurant of the moment, Posidonia Banus, was transformed into the streets of Rio this month, as the European Carnival Centre came to town.
The Rio 40° packed out Posidonia’s unique event space with a showstopping collective of food, fashion and fiesta.
10 beautiful samba dancers from the Rio 40° group were joined by Brazilian drummers and fashion brand Lisy Fashion Style to light up the revamped restaurant.
“We were happy to host the first edition of this innovative and exciting event,” said Posidonia’s creative director and manager, Silvia Korosi Feher.
“Guests loved the food, surroundings and great atmosphere and we have many more exciting events planned at the bar and restaurant during the winter season.”
Silvia also revealed they have ramped up the wow factor further by installing ceiling rigging that will allow them to put on amazing aerial shows.
Posidonia’s sold-out event also saw Jonas Braga Morcego Pdb and Marisol Gomez crowned King and Queen of Samba Intercultural.
Crowds gathered in Posidonia’s fresh event space were also treated to the thrill of the Brazilian martial art Capoeira and finally a vibrant DJ Marci set kept the party going into the early hours.
Istva’n Issovits, who arrived on the Costa del Sol in January, is the owner of Posidonia and said he wants ‘to provide an exceptional cuisine and venue for the people of Marbella.’
He added: “When people leave this place they won’t just have a full stomach, they will have a good feeling of joy.”
Theme nights are to be the main attraction at Posidonia, which is just off Carretera Nacional N-340, a stone’s throw from Puerto Banus’s glamorous port.
- DEATH CHEAT: 79-year-old in Gibraltar swims to shore after boat capsizes in dramatic survival feat - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 12:33
- Woman in Spain dies and 18 others sick after eating mushrooms at Michelin-starred restaurant - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:48
- Spain-Morocco railway tunnel talks underway government says - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:01
- WATCH: Dead sheep mysteriously washes up on Gibraltar beach (WARNING: distressing images) - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 18:41
- WATCH: Police in Spain ‘fire rubber bullets’ at Scottish football fans after Benidorm bar ‘torched’ and man arrested for crystal meth - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:08
- Vandalised Malaga cultural centre has CCTV installed in police crackdown on graffiti - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:41
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17