ANDALUCIA is quickly becoming a hotbed for Michelin excellence.
After the Michelin Guide 2019 took place this week awarding three new accolades to Andalucian restaurants, the region has become the fifth in Spain with the most amount of stars.
Undoubtedly, Marbella’s Dani Garcia stole the show, who was incredibly awarded his third Michelin Star, – the highest possible – while Pedro Sanchez’s Baga in Jaen and Juanlu Fernandez’s Lu Cocina Y Alma won their first stars for their prospective regions.
“Andalucia is growing a lot,” said head of External Relations for the Michelin Guide, Angel Pardo, following the gala held in Lisbon.
And he is clearly right as the region now boasts an incredible 22 stars, with 10 of those in Malaga.
“Andalucia is fashionable,” echoed three Michelin-starred chef Angel Leon, of Aponiente and Alevante, after the event.
But which restaurants have been awarded the prestigious stars? We round up Andalucia’s 18 Michelin Star eateries below.
Michelin Star 2019 restaurants in Andalucia:
***Dani Garcia, Marbella, Dani Garcia (+1*)
*Skina, Marbella, Marcos Granda
*Messina, Marbella, Mauricio Giovanni
*El Lago, Marbella, Juan Jose Carmona
*Jose Carlos Garcia, Malaga, Jose Carlos Garcia
*Sollo, Fuengirola, Diego Gallegos
*Kabuki Raw, Casares, Luis Olarra
*Restaurante Bardal, Ronda, Benito Gomez
***Aponiente, Cadiz, Angel León
*Alevante, Cadiz, Angel León
*LU Cocina y Alma, Jerez, Juanlu Fernandez (+1*)
*Baga, Jaen, Pedro Sanchez (+1*)
*Choco, Cordoba, Kisko Garcia
*Noor, Cordoba, Paco Morales
*Abantal, Sevilla, Julio Fernandez
*Acanthum, Huleva, Xanty Elias
*La Costa, El Ejido, Jose Alvarez
*Alejandro, Roquetas de Mar, Alejandro Sanchez
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03