A CHILEAN man has been arrested at Malaga Airport today after trying to enter Spain with 54 cocaine pellets in his body.
Police watched as the 25-year-old South American excreted the narcotics balls after being admitted to hospital.
Agents confirmed that the man who had come from Brazil was carrying 725 grams of cocaine in his stomach and hid a further half a kilo in his suitcase.
The Latino drug runner had journeyed via Lisbon in a bid to avoid police checks, authorities confirmed.
Two phones and €465 in cash were among the other articles seized by cops.
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33
- GIBRALTAR VS IRELAND: Fan zone, time, TV and everything else you need to know for Euro 2020 qualifier THIS WEEKEND - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:26
- Around 100 British expats in Spain flying to London for huge Brexit protest THIS SATURDAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:06
- Gibraltarians FUMING after Ronnie O’Sullivan says he’d rather ‘sleep in pig sty’ than play snooker in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:11
- WATCH: ‘Woman not wearing shoes’ sparks bloody brawl on Ryanair flight from UK to Spain - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:50
- Neighbours of British expat accused of murdering wife in Spain say he bugged phones and was obsessed with security - 13 Mar, 2019 @ 20:53
- Village in Spain ‘bewildered’ as Robin Hood mystery figure slides cash envelopes of up to €100 under doors - 13 Mar, 2019 @ 19:21
- Spain and rest of EU airspace closed to Boeing 737 MAX aircraft after plane crash in Ethiopia kills all 157 passengers - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 20:20
- ‘WE’RE HERE’: British expats on Costa del Sol re-launch Alzheimer’s and Dementia support charity shop - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 18:24
- Malaga judge rejects report from uncle’s lawyers claiming little Julen who died in well was killed by rescue worker’s pickaxe - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 13:39