A CHILEAN man has been arrested at Malaga Airport today after trying to enter Spain with 54 cocaine pellets in his body.
Police watched as the 25-year-old South American excreted the narcotics balls after being admitted to hospital.
Agents confirmed that the man who had come from Brazil was carrying 725 grams of cocaine in his stomach and hid a further half a kilo in his suitcase.
The Latino drug runner had journeyed via Lisbon in a bid to avoid police checks, authorities confirmed.
Two phones and €465 in cash were among the other articles seized by cops.
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- RING ROADS AND RUINS: Junta de Andalucia funding motorways, flamenco and sewage in NEW budgets - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:00
- OPINION: The news that a British boy’s death in Mallorca ‘could have been prevented’ is both shocking and sad - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- British expat arrested after Irishman stabbed to death ‘while urinating’ in pub on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 13:53
- Gibraltar announces drone crackdown after Gatwick attacks saw 140,000 travellers affected at Christmas - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Boy, 2, dies after falling into swimming pool in Spain’s Malaga - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46