THE sun and stability that has produced Indian summer-like conditions on the Costa del Sol will be brought to an end this week.
According to weather agency AEMET, a cold front from Galicia will move down south tonight before taking full effect on the Peninsula tomorrow, before eventually reaching the Balearic Islands.
A yellow warning has now been issued for parts of Malaga province, with gusts of wind expected to reach 80-90 km/hr in the Axarquia and Ronda.
The warning is in place until 5pm tomorrow.
The cold front will bring generalised rainfall across Malaga but the worst hit will be in Galicia, Cantabria, the upper Ebro, western Pyrenees and the Balearics.
Snowfall has also been predicted for areas 1000-1200 metres above sea level.
Sea conditions will also worsen, with waves of up to seven metres on the coast of Galicia, six metres on the Cantabrian coast and five metres in the Balearics.
This ‘situation of instability’ is expected to continue until Friday afternoon.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29