THE sun and stability that has produced Indian summer-like conditions on the Costa del Sol will be brought to an end this week.
According to weather agency AEMET, a cold front from Galicia will move down south tonight before taking full effect on the Peninsula tomorrow, before eventually reaching the Balearic Islands.
A yellow warning has now been issued for parts of Malaga province, with gusts of wind expected to reach 80-90 km/hr in the Axarquia and Ronda.
The warning is in place until 5pm tomorrow.
The cold front will bring generalised rainfall across Malaga but the worst hit will be in Galicia, Cantabria, the upper Ebro, western Pyrenees and the Balearics.
Snowfall has also been predicted for areas 1000-1200 metres above sea level.
Sea conditions will also worsen, with waves of up to seven metres on the coast of Galicia, six metres on the Cantabrian coast and five metres in the Balearics.
This ‘situation of instability’ is expected to continue until Friday afternoon.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14