MALAGA does Christmas like nowhere else, but it’s not the only place on the Costa del Sol with a spectacular display of festive sparkle.
The city’s cathedral-inspired lights along Calle Larios are a sight to behold, but Marbella, Estepona and Fuengirola also have festivities to boot.
Estepona’s lights this year centre on Plaza Antonia Guerrero, where a huge Christmas tree shines, while the whole of Calle Terraza is also illuminated.
Avenida Miguel Cano in Marbella meanwhile leads the Christmas cheer well into the night, as the well-lit street is a hive of activity for families well into the night.
The star of the Costa del Christmas this year however, may be Fuengirola’s enormous light-up bauble, which returns to grace the town’s Plaza de Espana.
Wherever you’re headed this Christmas though, wrap up warm before all the lights are turned off on January 6.
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48