MALAGA does Christmas like nowhere else, but it’s not the only place on the Costa del Sol with a spectacular display of festive sparkle.
The city’s cathedral-inspired lights along Calle Larios are a sight to behold, but Marbella, Estepona and Fuengirola also have festivities to boot.
Estepona’s lights this year centre on Plaza Antonia Guerrero, where a huge Christmas tree shines, while the whole of Calle Terraza is also illuminated.
Avenida Miguel Cano in Marbella meanwhile leads the Christmas cheer well into the night, as the well-lit street is a hive of activity for families well into the night.
The star of the Costa del Christmas this year however, may be Fuengirola’s enormous light-up bauble, which returns to grace the town’s Plaza de Espana.
Wherever you’re headed this Christmas though, wrap up warm before all the lights are turned off on January 6.
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42