MALAGA does Christmas like nowhere else, but it’s not the only place on the Costa del Sol with a spectacular display of festive sparkle.
The city’s cathedral-inspired lights along Calle Larios are a sight to behold, but Marbella, Estepona and Fuengirola also have festivities to boot.
Estepona’s lights this year centre on Plaza Antonia Guerrero, where a huge Christmas tree shines, while the whole of Calle Terraza is also illuminated.
Avenida Miguel Cano in Marbella meanwhile leads the Christmas cheer well into the night, as the well-lit street is a hive of activity for families well into the night.
The star of the Costa del Christmas this year however, may be Fuengirola’s enormous light-up bauble, which returns to grace the town’s Plaza de Espana.
Wherever you’re headed this Christmas though, wrap up warm before all the lights are turned off on January 6.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40