SPAIN has been blasted after it allegedly shadowed a Royal Navy nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on a secret mission.
The HMS Talent left the Rock on Friday afternoon but Spain has been accused of breaching maritime regulations by following and tracking it in another vessel.
According to the Sun Online, another Royal Navy boat had to be scrambled and sent to steer the Spanish ship away from the sub.
The incident has been labelled as a ‘clear sabre rattling exercise by Madrid’ over the Gibraltar issue.
A source on Gibraltar told the Sun: “Its outrageous behaviour yet again from Spain.
“Their boat was landside and shouldn’t have been there. It only pulled off once the Royal Navy boat came towards it.”
An MOD spokesperson said: ”We never comment on the movements of submarines.”
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14