A ROMANIAN teenager has cleaned up in Spain’s Sorteo del Niño lottery.
Cosmin Rotariu, 15, is now €200,000 better off after claiming his 37142 winning ticket.
“I did not expect this I am just trembling,” said Rotariu, outside the lottery shop in the Gracia district of Barcelona.
“I do not know what I’m going to do with the money. I have no idea,” the young man added.
Cosmin arrived with his parents in Barcelona 10 years ago.
Minors are prohibited from buying Lottery tickets, but in this case there has been an exception.
The teen’s family had won a refund on their Christmas lottery ticket in December and so the boy and his father went together and exchanged the El Gordo ticket for an El Niño number.
“Cosmin and I went to the Administration to choose the number. We wanted a number that resembled my wife’s date of birth and we chose that one at the window because it had several equal numbers,” said the boy’s father Valeriu Rotariu.
Cosmin added: “Maybe I’ll buy a new phone or invest in a small apartment. I have not thought about it. I’ll definitely buy some things for my parents.”
He will not be able to personally collect the money, however, as it must be paid to an adult.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14