A ROMANIAN teenager has cleaned up in Spain’s Sorteo del Niño lottery.
Cosmin Rotariu, 15, is now €200,000 better off after claiming his 37142 winning ticket.
“I did not expect this I am just trembling,” said Rotariu, outside the lottery shop in the Gracia district of Barcelona.
“I do not know what I’m going to do with the money. I have no idea,” the young man added.
Cosmin arrived with his parents in Barcelona 10 years ago.
Minors are prohibited from buying Lottery tickets, but in this case there has been an exception.
The teen’s family had won a refund on their Christmas lottery ticket in December and so the boy and his father went together and exchanged the El Gordo ticket for an El Niño number.
“Cosmin and I went to the Administration to choose the number. We wanted a number that resembled my wife’s date of birth and we chose that one at the window because it had several equal numbers,” said the boy’s father Valeriu Rotariu.
Cosmin added: “Maybe I’ll buy a new phone or invest in a small apartment. I have not thought about it. I’ll definitely buy some things for my parents.”
He will not be able to personally collect the money, however, as it must be paid to an adult.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29