A ROMANIAN teenager has cleaned up in Spain’s Sorteo del Niño lottery.
Cosmin Rotariu, 15, is now €200,000 better off after claiming his 37142 winning ticket.
“I did not expect this I am just trembling,” said Rotariu, outside the lottery shop in the Gracia district of Barcelona.
“I do not know what I’m going to do with the money. I have no idea,” the young man added.
Cosmin arrived with his parents in Barcelona 10 years ago.
Minors are prohibited from buying Lottery tickets, but in this case there has been an exception.
The teen’s family had won a refund on their Christmas lottery ticket in December and so the boy and his father went together and exchanged the El Gordo ticket for an El Niño number.
“Cosmin and I went to the Administration to choose the number. We wanted a number that resembled my wife’s date of birth and we chose that one at the window because it had several equal numbers,” said the boy’s father Valeriu Rotariu.
Cosmin added: “Maybe I’ll buy a new phone or invest in a small apartment. I have not thought about it. I’ll definitely buy some things for my parents.”
He will not be able to personally collect the money, however, as it must be paid to an adult.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26