NEIGHBOURS and friends of Julen Jimenez’s family have described the boy as ‘active’ and a lover of outdoors.
The two-year-old loves to ride his tricycle, which is always parked outside the family’s home in El Palo neighbourhood of Malaga, and he loves balloons.
Speaking to news agency Efe, the vecinos said they often see the boy playing happily in the street with his friends.
They also spoke of the heartbreak of the Jimenez family, who lost their other son, in 2017, when he was just three.
He was born with a heart defect and tragically died suddenly while playing on the beach.
The mum, Vicky Maria Garcia, a fast food worker, could not take the loss of another son, friends say.
The dad Jose Rocio, is a tradesman although he is currently unemployed.
Both under the age of 30, they are described by those who know them as ‘hard workers’.
The comments come as the search for the boy believed to have fallen down a well looks set to enter its fourth day.
More to follow…
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35