LABOUR leader Jeremy Corbyn has tabled a vote of no confidence after Prime Minister Theresa May suffered a historic defeat over her Brexit deal in Parliament.
MPs voted down May’s deal by 432 votes to 202 in the House of Commons, a majority of 230.
Corbyn said: “This is a catastrophic defeat. The house has delivered its verdict on her deal. Delay and denial has reached the end of the line.”
May admitted that a no confidence vote could be voted on as soon as next Wednesday, but said the vote did not show what deal MPs were willing to support.
She added that she would hold talks with the DUP and ‘senior parliamentarians from across the house to identify what will be required to secure support’.
It comes as May warned ahead of the vote that there was no alternative to her Brexit deal.
Meanwhile, the arrangements for Gibraltar, which is set to leave the EU with the UK, are thrown into turmoil.
Known as Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) they cover fluidity, the environment, law enforcement, tobacco and tax.
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25