LABOUR leader Jeremy Corbyn has tabled a vote of no confidence after Prime Minister Theresa May suffered a historic defeat over her Brexit deal in Parliament.
MPs voted down May’s deal by 432 votes to 202 in the House of Commons, a majority of 230.
Corbyn said: “This is a catastrophic defeat. The house has delivered its verdict on her deal. Delay and denial has reached the end of the line.”
May admitted that a no confidence vote could be voted on as soon as next Wednesday, but said the vote did not show what deal MPs were willing to support.
She added that she would hold talks with the DUP and ‘senior parliamentarians from across the house to identify what will be required to secure support’.
It comes as May warned ahead of the vote that there was no alternative to her Brexit deal.
Meanwhile, the arrangements for Gibraltar, which is set to leave the EU with the UK, are thrown into turmoil.
Known as Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) they cover fluidity, the environment, law enforcement, tobacco and tax.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59