A MAN has been shot to death inside his Bentley in Marbella.
The 49-year-old was gunned down at 4am as he was approaching his home in San Pedro de Alcantara.
The Spaniard was approached by at least one shooter who started firing at him while he drove towards his home in the Las Petunias urbanisation.
There were at least 12 shots fired, according to investigators.
The victim tried to escape the vehicle through the passenger’s side but collapsed and died inside the car.
The murder is believed to be a settling of accounts and is the first of its kind to take place in Marbella in 2019.
It comes after one of the bloodiest years on the Costa del Sol last year with more than 20 episodes of violent gang activity.
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21