THE businessman who was shot and killed outside his Marbella home this morning has been identified.
Marco Yaqout, the Spaniard, of Moroccan origin, owned several bars and nightclubs in upmarket Puerto Banus, and co-owned popular Linekers, set up by Wayne Lineker, brother of England ace Gary Lineker.
The 49-year-old was shot at more than 20 times while driving towards his home in San Pedro de Alcantara.
The entrepreneur, who owns at least five establishments, including bars, restaurants and nightclubs, died inside his Bentley while trying to escape outside the passenger’s side.
According to investigators, Marco was surprised by at least one shooter outside his white two-storey villa on Calle Guadiario in the Las Petunias urbanisation.
Trails of blood were still visible this morning after he was hit by at least 12 of the more than 20 bullets.
The gunman attacked as Marco was entering his garage in what investigators have described as another ‘settling of accounts’.
The Udyco unit have taken over the investigation.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13