THE businessman who was shot and killed outside his Marbella home this morning has been identified.
Marco Yaqout, the Spaniard, of Moroccan origin, owned several bars and nightclubs in upmarket Puerto Banus, and co-owned popular Linekers, set up by Wayne Lineker, brother of England ace Gary Lineker.
The 49-year-old was shot at more than 20 times while driving towards his home in San Pedro de Alcantara.
The entrepreneur, who owns at least five establishments, including bars, restaurants and nightclubs, died inside his Bentley while trying to escape outside the passenger’s side.
According to investigators, Marco was surprised by at least one shooter outside his white two-storey villa on Calle Guadiario in the Las Petunias urbanisation.
Trails of blood were still visible this morning after he was hit by at least 12 of the more than 20 bullets.
The gunman attacked as Marco was entering his garage in what investigators have described as another ‘settling of accounts’.
The Udyco unit have taken over the investigation.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22