SPAIN’S weather agency AEMET has issued yellow and orange warnings for wind, rain, snow and strong waves this week.
The temperature drop will continue tomorrow with yellow warnings for snow in Granada and warnings of low temperatures in Cordoba and Alicante.
Madrid, Castilla y Leon, Asturias and other northern regions are also on alert for snow from tomorrow.
On Wednesday, the Granada and Almeria coastlines are set to be battered by strong waves and tides, with an orange alert issued.
Meanwhile Navarra, Leon and Catalunya are on orange alert for snowfall.
A cold Atlantic front is believed to be behind the mercury drop.
In total, yellow and orange alerts have been issued for the coasts of Almeria, Menorca, Mallorca, Ibiza, Formentera, Granada, La Coruña, Lugo, Gipuzkoa, Bizkaia, Girona, Melilla, Asturias and Cantabria.
The cold is set to retreat on Friday.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20