SPAIN’S weather agency AEMET has issued yellow and orange warnings for wind, rain, snow and strong waves this week.
The temperature drop will continue tomorrow with yellow warnings for snow in Granada and warnings of low temperatures in Cordoba and Alicante.
Madrid, Castilla y Leon, Asturias and other northern regions are also on alert for snow from tomorrow.
On Wednesday, the Granada and Almeria coastlines are set to be battered by strong waves and tides, with an orange alert issued.
Meanwhile Navarra, Leon and Catalunya are on orange alert for snowfall.
A cold Atlantic front is believed to be behind the mercury drop.
In total, yellow and orange alerts have been issued for the coasts of Almeria, Menorca, Mallorca, Ibiza, Formentera, Granada, La Coruña, Lugo, Gipuzkoa, Bizkaia, Girona, Melilla, Asturias and Cantabria.
The cold is set to retreat on Friday.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19