A BRITISH expat has been threatened by police with an €800 fine for not taking down the Union Jack bunting at her ‘Little Britannia’ bar in Spain.
“It is a British bar so what harm are some flags doing promoting my business?” she said.
“I wonder if they’d do the same if the flags were Spanish?”
Police even threatened to double the fine to €1,600 when Tracey refused to take down the flags at the bar in the city’s old town.
The Yorkshire woman says her bunting has been up for two years and that now she is hiring a solicitor to fight the fines.
One of Tracey’s regulars also told the Sun: “There’s real concern that local bigwigs have ordered a crackdown on Brit bars.
“There’s not a lot of love lost for Brits in Europe right now, and this could be Benidorm officials giving Brits a kicking in their own way,” they added.
The bunting has been taken down, while Tracey looks to overturn the ban.
- Rick Astley joins Enrique Iglesias, Take That, Mel C and Liam Gallagher at Gibraltar Calling festival THIS SUMMER - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- Woman held on suspicion of bludgeoning her sleeping dad to death and knifing mum in back on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 11:55
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22