Right now: rio Caudal, Mieres, Asturias. ??? pic.twitter.com/JGnReWw1LX
— Germán Orizaola (@GOrizaola) January 23, 2019
AT least four people have been killed following heavy rainfall and flooding in Asturias.
Four men, aged 62, 41, 42 and 70 have been killed by the extreme weather, which has seen large parts of the region submerged under water.
Roads and railway tracks have collapsed following the onslaught of rainfall which began yesterday morning.
— TPA Noticias (@TPAnoticias) January 24, 2019
The lifeless body of one man, 41, was found in Tineo earlier today after he disappeared at around 2pm on Wednesday.
Another victim, 42, died in the early hours of this morning after he left his car and was washed away down a 500-metre slope in Salas.
Elsewhere, a 62-year-old man died at around 8am Thursday while trying to pick up two of his friends.
As he exited his vehicle, the water proved too strong and carried him away to his death.
A 70-year-old also died this morning when his car was carried 50 metres after a road collapsed in La Colladiella.
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09