Right now: rio Caudal, Mieres, Asturias. ??? pic.twitter.com/JGnReWw1LX
— Germán Orizaola (@GOrizaola) January 23, 2019
AT least four people have been killed following heavy rainfall and flooding in Asturias.
Four men, aged 62, 41, 42 and 70 have been killed by the extreme weather, which has seen large parts of the region submerged under water.
Roads and railway tracks have collapsed following the onslaught of rainfall which began yesterday morning.
— TPA Noticias (@TPAnoticias) January 24, 2019
The lifeless body of one man, 41, was found in Tineo earlier today after he disappeared at around 2pm on Wednesday.
Another victim, 42, died in the early hours of this morning after he left his car and was washed away down a 500-metre slope in Salas.
Elsewhere, a 62-year-old man died at around 8am Thursday while trying to pick up two of his friends.
As he exited his vehicle, the water proved too strong and carried him away to his death.
A 70-year-old also died this morning when his car was carried 50 metres after a road collapsed in La Colladiella.
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06