A ‘BEAUTIFUL’ dolphin was found washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol at the weekend.
Irishman Des Morris was walking his dog Holly along the beach in Los Flamencos, Manilva, when he found the dead mammal.
“I found this on the beach in Los Flamencos this morning,” he wrote on social media on Saturday alongside photos, “this wonderful dolphin will swim no more.”
The dolphin is believed to have been taken away by experts early this morning.
“A dead dolphin should be checked in case there’s an environmental issue close by,” Morris, who lives between Ireland and Spain, told the Olive Press,“On the other hand it may just be a natural death.”
The find came after two days of strong winds and a yellow warning for strong tides, meaning the dolphin may have strayed away from his family.
Seprona, the animal arm of the Guardia Civil, was unavailable for comment despite repeated attempts.
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins mutilated by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed on coast of southern Spain reveals their populations have halved
- Terrified baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies
- EXCLUSIVE: Dolphins and turtles among huge numbers of animals killed by rubbish pollution in Andalucia rivers
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31